04 November 2011

Superhero Birthday Party!



My baby just turned 5. Suddenly he seems so big. For his party, he requested a Superhero theme. We decided to make it a Superhero Training Camp.

 the invitation

I got my decorating inspiration from the Hostess With the Mostess blog. I loved the idea of a sort of retro city look. I wanted to use stuff we already had in the recycling bin, so Grandpa helped make the city out of boxes and paper and duct tape. I love how they turned out.


I was out of town a few days before the party, so in the interest of time I picked up this great Marvel Heroes cupcake decorating kit from Williams Sonoma.



I made each boy a super hero cape  (tutorial is posted here) and provided a mask.


When the boys arrived, we gave them their capes and masks and took their pictures in front of the city. We made a set of dumbbells out of PVC pipe and Styrofoam balls covered in duct tape. Then, it was time for training camp, led by our super-aunt.


 Balance training - walking up and then down some railroad ties

Aim training - throw a ball through the hoop and knock over the Rescue Hero

Then, a super villain came and dumped a bunch of bombs. 
Our super heroes had to stomp out the bombs. 
They completed that task and then spontaneously decided to

Capture the super villain

and put him in jail. 

You rock, superheroes!

We had pizza and apples for lunch and then everyone took home their cape, mask, candy from the pinata and a superhero ring (ring pop).


1 comment:

Please comment responsibly!